"I hate to lose more than I like to win"- Larry BirdSubmitted by Beacon Financial Planning of Cape Cod, Inc. on April 20th, 2020
Monday, April 20th, 2020
Larry Bird is famous for claiming "I hate to lose more than I like to win." How can we take this quote and apply it to how you are feeling with market volatility?
Say you've had a loss of $10K or more, we understand emotionally that loss feels really bad. That loss may feel worse than 10 instances of $10K gains felt good. We remind clients of the gains but gains do not always feel as good as losses feel bad. Remember fear and greed sells headlines so the media is more likely to speak to losses than they are gains. Our mentor, Linda Gadkowski, reminds us "if you believe that fear and greed will never die, the market will always go up. It just won't go up in a straight line."
As we go through the next few weeks, there will be more volatility. We challenge you to keep perspective and remember this quote.
We are here for you and welcome you to reach out should you have any questions or concerns.
- Alina Leon is here for all your scheduling needs - Alina@bfpcc.com
- Melissa Kolcz is here for any beneficiary updates or paperwork requests - Melissa@bfpcc.com
- Katie Brennan Kane is here for all your operations and investment requests - Katie@bfpcc.com
- Kelli Grew is here for your financial planning and investment needs - Kelli@bfpcc.com
- Michaela is here for your financial planning and investment needs - Michaela@bfpcc.com
Please stay home and be safe!
With gratitude for your trust,
Your Team @ Beacon Financial Planning of Cape Cod